Sunday, March 17, 2013

Caesar Salad Recipe








I love caesar dressing, but I'm not very fond of bottled dressings. This led me to making my own caesar dressing and it is just as good as the fancy restaurants. I don't put an egg or anchovies because to me that's just weird and it still tastes amazing! Needless to say, I usually always have a jar of this in my fridge. It's so easy and cheap to make! (Mainly because the ingredients are items that I already have)

Oh, and I tend to have an awful habit of not measuring things just putting it in according to taste. In other words, my measurements might be a tad off. I recommend tasting it and adding to your liking!

Ingredients:
Half of a Lemon (for the juice)
4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Cups of Mayonnaise*
1/2 to 1 Cup of Parmesan
Dash of Pepper

*For a healthier version with less calories, exchange the mayonnaise for greek yogurt.

1. Add the Lemon Juice, Garlic, Dijon Mustard, and Worcestershire Sauce in the bowl. Mix with whisk. Add the Mayonnaise and mix again. Add the Parmesan, mix, and then taste. Ask yourself, "Does this taste like Caesar Dressing?" Then lastly, add the pepper.

I can't really tell you how long it lasts because this dressing seems to go fast. I may or may not put it on everything.... Anyways, there's my boyfriend cleaning the mason jar. He is not amused.



I love you guys.
Miss You Always,
Clarissa



3 comments:

  1. wait... 1. i didn't realize caesar salad had anchovies?? 2. this is great, duh 3. austin's face just sealed the deal on this. oxoxox -afsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I told you lately that I adore you!? <3
      -Clarissa

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the recipe! The traditional dressing doesn't have anchovies but so many people add them. (Yuck!) I'll be trying this soon!!

    ReplyDelete