Friday, May 10, 2013

Comic Book Wall Art DIY

I was going through old pictures and I found pictures of a present I made for my step sister a year or so. While looking at them I thought, "This was pretty cool, I should share on the blog!" My step sister loves all things geeky ESPECIALLY superheroes. It's kind of cute how obsessed she is with it. Her main man is Thor. I went to the comic book shop and bought a Thor comic book for a $1 each! Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a canvas for $2! This wall art has a 3D punch to it too!

What you need:
-Comic Book
-Canvas
-Mod Podge
-Paint Brushes
-A Piece of Paper

1. Cut out comic book strips.
2. Mod Podge onto the canvas
3. Put more Mod Podge on top to make sure it stays nice and sturdy!
4. Cut out your favorite sayings/pictures.
5. Mod Podge #4 to a piece of paper.
6. Cut out those saying/pictures.
7. Cut a couple of little pieces of cardboard.
8. Mod Podge the cardboard to the canvas.
9. Mod Podge the sayings/pictures to the cardboard.
10. Cut the cover of the comic book and Mod Podge on the sides of the canvas.





















VOILA! You have made a fast, cheap, awesome present.

Comic Book: $1
Canvas: $2
Paint Brushes: $2
The rest of the items I already had!
Total: $5
(But don't tell my step sister that..)

She ended up loving it and practically hyperventilating.

Happy Crafting!
Miss you Always
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment