Friday, February 8, 2013

DIY Instax Mini Case


If you didn't know the instax camera is all the rage at the moment. I have never owned a Polaroid but was always fond of them. So when my lovely boyfriend got one for me for my 22nd birthday, I was ecstatic! I've had it for a month and have already taken 20 pictures. I love the way they turn out and I love that I can instantly have the picture (I mean that's the point, right?). Anyways, I'll stop ranting about how much I love the camera and get to the main point of this post.

I'm reckless and clumsy when it comes to items that shouldn't be dropped and even though this camera seems pretty indestructible, I still wanted to take precaution. Especially since I'm flying to Florida in less than two weeks (EEEEK I'm going to see Ms. Abby!!).

I sat there for a couple of days trying to think of what the case should look like and I mean who doesn't love owls!? I had all the fabric I needed in my treasure chest, so I didn't have to go out and buy things. Which is good because I'm on a tight budget.

Items you'll need:
Fabric (colors of your choice)
Felt
Sewing Machine or Sewing Needle
Thread
Buttons
Velcro

1. Draw up a case design.
2. Cut out the fabric pieces. Also here are the measurements:


3. Pick your needle and thread.














4. Put Fabric in place, pin, and sew inside out!




















5. Last, pick your eye buttons and sew those babies on!









































































































Now you have this adorable case!

Miss you, always.
Clarissa

3 comments:

  1. Oh this IS adorable! You make it look so easy. I might have to try this on a bigger scale. Maybe a slouchy hobo style bag? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was actually one of the more difficult sewing projects that I tried but it was so much fun! That would so cute, I would love to see you make that. If you do, let me know. :D

      Delete
  2. I love this DIY!!!
    sophieandmaryxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete