Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another Repurposing Project!



Hey Guys!
  Today I'm writing to you about this lovely credenza we used in a gamefly commercial. We had to cut into the back of the credenza and the top of it to do a gag where a tv popped out of it. So once the shoot was over it was going to be thrown away. I really loved the face of this piece because of the intricate pattern. So my coworker and I ripped the front of it off and I re-purposed it into a picture frame...type situation? Here's the credenza in the commercial:

Here is the face of it before I went to town:

And finally, here it is after I made some adjustments:
It came out pretty nice, I'm still debating if I like the color or not but we will see after a couple of weeks.

All I needed for this project was some light pink spray paint (which is the closest thing I could find to coral) that had primer already in it. I purchased mine from lowe's and discovered they have a whole smorgasbord of wonderful colors and of course, those had to come home with me too. On top of that I just poked some holes in the top and bottom of some art work I had and used some rustic looking twine from home depot to fasten them on there and voila new piece for my hallway!

Really it just comes down to finding things you think are interesting looking. My philosophy is to always snatch them up and figure out a project to do with them later...which can get you into trouble if you run out of time for projects BUT look how this one turned out!


As always thanks for reading.
Missing you!
Shanna xo













1 comment: