Friday, March 1, 2013

Homeward Bound

My amazing little sisters and me.

Tyler, Shannon, Me, & Zach at Cowboy Up

Mark (my brother), Mandy, and Nora at BBQ
I recently got the chance to go back home for a week. It was the first time in almost a year. I hadn't realized how much I missed it until I went back. I missed the simplicity, the quiet, the clouds, the stars, and the people. It was a really fun time but it was also kind of depressing. Mainly because it was one of those self-realization trips. I ended up realizing much things have changed, how much I've changed, that nothing stays the same, even when you wish they would, and I also realized that old habits don't die.

I'd be lying to you if I said that this past year of my life had been easy. Making a move that big is never easy especially when your family is all across the country. So I had this thought that my whole life might have changed but I can always find comfort in everything remaining the same when I go home. It was still a really fun trip and I'm so thankful that I got to do and see everyone that I did. I learned nothing remains the same, we can't put all our energy into thinking of past, we have to keep moving, focusing on now, making new memories, and NEVER EVER taking for granted what we have.

The pictures on the right are some of the photos from my trip.

Also in the spirit of moving forward, I made a new goal list, and I will share it soon!

Miss you always,
Clarissa
Neda, Andrew, Dan, Bobby, & David at Hurricane's

1 comment:

  1. Clarissa, I am so sorry that I did not get a chance to see you. I am glad you had an awesome trip. I miss you :( <3 Abby

    ReplyDelete